Saturday, October 11, 2014

Benjamin


“RVIN” - There are tracks that I can’t just explain, for some reason they just sink and pull a trigger in your mind. This song by Benjamin has that unique factor. There is a trip factor to the way that this was produced. I would almost call this spoken word/trip hop. The opening synth lines tied with the basic beat slowly evolve opening like a beautiful black hole. Vocally Benjamin seems to be doing all he can to keep this rather simplistic in the beginning and then his flow opens and evolves as does the music. At the 1:00 mark Benjamin really starts rolling sad thing is the track is only 1:19 long. I really consider this an interesting piece of artwork. I wish it would have been a bit longer. I am sure many would love to rip on this but really, give it a spin with an open mind. There is a really interesting artist on display here. I hope more is to come from Benjamin, so if you like Hip/hop, Rap, Experimental, Underground material I would definitely check this out.


No comments:

Post a Comment